Renton Public Schools, K-12, Graduate of Hazen High School, 1990, with honors
Georgetown University, B.S. cum laude, Business Administration, 1994, minor in Government
- Dean’s Citation for Service to the School
- Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service Award for Academic Excellence in Labor-Management Relations and Dispute Resolution
University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Moot Court Honor Board
- Order of the Barristers
- Class Commencement Speaker
- Hugh Miracle Trial Advocacy Award
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Western Regional Champion
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Mock Trial Competition National Finalist
- Justice Lewis Powell Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- New Building Advisory Committee (overseeing construction of the new law school)
Equity Partner, Foster Pepper PLLC – Seattle, Washington (2000 – Present)
- Practice focused on real estate, land use, and municipal matters.
- Appointed as Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney (civil matters) for King, San Juan, and Pierce Counties
- Chair, Real Estate Litigation Group
- Admitted to all Washington state and federal courts, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Professional Recognition includes:
- Super Lawyer, Washington Law & Politics Magazine, 2012
- Rising Star, Washington Law & Politics Magazine, 2005, 2007 - 2011
- Washington State Bar Association Pro Bono Service Commendation, 2003, 2004 for work with victims of domestic violence
- Featured in 2009 Foster Pepper Pro Bono Annual Report for Work with the Nisei Veterans Committee Foundation
Law Clerk, Washington State Attorney General – Seattle, Washington (1999-2000)
- University of Washington Division, focused on employment, Sound Transit routing and construction issues
Marketing and Operations/Credit Analyst, PACCAR Financial Corp. – Bellevue, Washington (1996-1998)
- Extensive analytical training and work with financial statements, company operations, and credit risk assessment
Executive Office Policy Analyst, King County Executive Gary Locke – Seattle, Washington (1994-1996)
- Responsible for policy development and implementation related to Growth Management Act compliance, comprehensive plan development, zoning, transportation, business assistance, boards and commissions with an emphasis on recruiting diverse candidates, and county budget work.
Other Work Experience
- The White House, Intern, 1993-1994
- Japanese American Citizens League, Intern, lobby for Justice for Wards Cove Workers Act
- W.T. Weaver & Sons Hardware, clerk.
- United States Senate, Brock Adams (D-WA), Staff Assistant, Washington, D.C.
- Dallas Warehouse, Rickreall, Oregon. Operated all functions of grain storage company.